ADVICE FOR ALL PERMANENT COSMETIC PROCEDURES
- Do not drink any alcohol 36 hours before treatment. Also, avoid drinks containing caffeine.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24 hours before treatment.
- 7 days prior to treatment – no sunbathing or solarium 3 days prior to treatment.
- If you are to tint eyebrows, do it one week prior the treatment.
- Do not wax 2-3 days before treatment.
- Fix/wash your hair before the treatment, as after you cannot come in contact with water for 7-10 days. So you will need to wash your hair carefully or salon for hairwashing.
- (Botox) Botulinum injection – do your eyebrow pmu or microblading first and Botox after 4 weeks. If Botox is done already wait at least 4 weeks..
- In order to avoid fever blisters (herpes) you can have your doctor prescribe you a drug used for herpes prophylaxis with the substance Aciclovir. The medical treatment should be started on the day of the permanent makeup-up treatment. Standard dose is 1000 mg and should be distributed over the course of the day throughout 4 days (e.g 5 times 200mg). If a person is especially prone to herpes virus infections it is recommended to prolong the medical treatment to 5 days. 1200 mg distributed over the course of the day. This is a recommendation based on our experience. Every client should agree her individual dose with her trusted physician.
- NO Bath in public (Swimming Pool)
- NO Sauna
- NO Solarium
- NO Dust
- NO Smoking
- NO Spicy food
- No Sweating in the gym
- Refrain from removing the crust by yourself
- Do not use any beauty or skin care products for 7-14 days on the pigmented parts (e.g. cleaning milk, day and night cream, make-up, mascara, eye shadow, lipstick, etc.)
After healing is completed ALWAYS apply with a high sun protection factor on the area of pigmentation, especially when sunbathing or visiting a solarium, (e.g a sunblock lip balm with a high sun protection factor of 50). Especially the color brightness of your eyebrows and lips will remain for a longer time due to this care. Excessive sun exposure will have a negative effect on your permanent makeup and it will fade faster.
Right care for your eyebrow
- Do not come in direct contact with water or any other liquids for 7-10 days after treatment. Even a small drop which seems unimportant will expand a wound and excessive scabbing may appear.
- Clean the area with a small amount of sterile water on a cotton wipe 2-4 times a day. If skin is oily make sure eyebrows are clean and dry. Clean more times if you feel sweaty or excess of sebum appears.
- After the 3rd day apply a very small amount of coconut or grape seed oil. Make sure your eyebrows are not greasy, but just moistened a little so you won’t see any residue of the oils.
- After 7 days you can use gentle neutral soap or a non greasy cleanser to keep eyebrows clean.
Right care for your lips
- Use a lip balm, (Aloe Vera)
- Use lip care intensively for the next 7 to 14 days (depending on the healing process)
- Always clean your lips before applying a new layer of lip balm ( use moist cotton pads, then dab dry and then apply lip balm)
- Make sure that your lips remain soft (apply lip balm very often, according to demand – every half hour)
Our recommendation for you:
Due to natural skin renewal and other influences the color pigments will partly be segregated and slowly your permanent make up will fade. This process is different from person to person. Therefore we recommend you to freshen up your permanent make up annually in order to guarantee a perfect, fresh and appealing look.
Permanent makeup is NOT recommended for any clients who are or have :
- Pregnant or nursing
- Chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Organ transplant
- Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
- Botox in the past 4 weeks
- Accutane in the past year
These products make you bleed, making it difficult to implant pigment. Stop fish oil, krill oil one month before treatment.
Long Term Care
Use a good sunscreen. Sun exposure will fade your permanent cosmetic.
To ensure your brows are long lasting and stay beautiful, proper care and maintenance is required.